Sunday 15 March 2015

Why Do I Even Bother...? An Explanation

The title of this video may suggest that this is going to be a rant at whoever is reading this, it's totally not, its for me to try and explain why I do Youtubing and Blogging...

My passion is English, ask anyone in my year group at my school and I can guarantee that at least 50% of the people that you ask will say that they either don't like English or it's one of their least favourite subjects, this may be due to the teacher, or just their mental attitude; however I love English and it is one of my favourite subjects at school.

Being at the age where everyone is being asked what subjects they want to do at 6th form/ college, whether they want to go to university or not, what their main goal/ career aspirations are, this has made me realise that English is my passion, but more specifically journalism.

You reading this blog post is helping me improve my posts as I can see what people prefer to read. Having people tell me what they liked and didn't like about a blog post is helping me. But having someone slag off my posts/ videos does not help me, but lets sidetrack past that as I said at the start that this isn't a rant.

Being able to tie together two out of my three passions of English/ journalism and makeup/beauty/fashion (music is my third passion) is just incredible and I have to owe my success to every single one of you that reads my posts and watches my videos.

Sometimes I do ask myself why do I bother? Why do I put so much time into these posts and videos when I could be spending it on something that someone may perceive to be more 'worthwhile' but this is my passion and I am going to do what I love.

I don't get paid for blogging or Youtubing, this is all paid for with my own money but if I have an ever growing audience now it could set me up for an incredible career in journalism when I'm older.

So I am eternally grateful to every single one of you that reads the odd blog post or Youtube video or the incredible people that religiously read each blog post and watch each Youtube video, so thank you and hopefully one day you will be reading one of my articles in Vogue or Elle.

LauraLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment