Sunday 1 March 2015

Roller Lash VS they're Real! Benefit Mascaras

Recently Benefit have released their new mascara 'Roller Lash' which is inspired by 1960's/70's hair rollers; the mascara claims to grab, separate, lift and curl your lashes. The 'they're Real!' mascara has been the number 1 selling mascara for the past 2 years. 

Roller Lash 

This mascara is really good for length, I have short to medium lash length and this is perfect for helping my lashes look longer. Compared to the 'they're Real!' mascara it applies beautifully and I get hardly any around my eyes (I always create a mess when applying mascara!) but if I do it removes so easily which I love! It doesn't leave me with black specks all around my eyes and over my cheeks from crumbling off which is great for me as I like to not have to reapply my makeup half way through the day. The brush is great as it really coats the lashes but it is hard for getting into the deep corners of your eyes. Every time that I have applied the mascara I have never had clumps which again, adds to the amazing length but takes away from the volume. It is great for natural looking, fluttery lashes. 


they're Real!

This mascara is great for lots of volume and some length. As I said before I have medium length lashes but this mascara really helps coat them to give them lots of volume but it does sometimes make my lashes look like 'spiders legs' which isn't that attractive! The brush has a rubbery spiked end which is great for reaching the inner corners of your eyes. The formula is very wet which is quite messy for me as I get it all around my eyes and the formula makes it really hard to remove (so if I get it around my eyes I need intense scrubbing to get it off!), but it does mean that it lasts a long time but it does sometimes crumble if I apply a lot of mascara for more volume. 

Bare lashes

Roller Lash
they're Real!












~~~


If you are someone looking for length I would definitely try the new 'Roller Lash' mascara but if you are looking more for volume and slight length then 'they're Real!' is the one for you! I would really recommend both of these mascaras and even used together they look incredible because of the combination of length and volume. I have only tried the mini version of the 'Roller Lash' but it was still incredible, I can only imagine the full sized version will be even better! However I have tried the full sized version of the 'they're Real!' and it gave me the same results as the mini version. 


This post isn't sponsored and all opinions are my own but the links above may be affiliated.

LauraLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment